- Licensed to transport heavy machinery
- Insured against unexpected losses
- Highly rated by customers and clients
Expect on-time service, as well as careful handling of your valuable piece of equipment, from our professional heavy-haul operators. To work with us, drivers must have at least five years of experience hauling heavy machinery. Trust your equipment to the people who care, Freedom Heavy Haul.
Ship Any Type of Backhoe Loader
Backhoe loaders are used to dig holes and transport material. More versatile than hydraulic excavators, backhoes are the workhorses of the modern construction site. Almost all backhoes sold in the U.S. are center-mount models, where the backhoe is mounted at the center of the rear frame.
Side-mount backhoes are less popular, but we still ship ’em. You might see a side-mount backhoe that’s been imported from Europe or Asia. The two main types of center-mount backhoe loadesr you find today are:
- Wheeled Backhoe Loader Transportation. The vast majority of backhoes we transport are wheeled models. Easy to load/unload, simple to tie down.
- Tracked Backhoe Loader Transportation. Some smaller backhoes are available as tracked vehicles. If you choose a flatbed trailer, find a dock.
Is your backhoe loader inoperable? Speak with your trusted transport agent about shipping an inoperable piece of equipment. We can do it! Ask about arranging a crane or a tow truck to help load and unload your backhoe loader that doesn’t run. With smaller backhoes that don’t run, all you need is a little group muscle.
Trucks and Trailers to Haul Your Backhoe Loader
United Heavy Haul matches your needs with the perfect trailer. Even the largest backhoes weigh less than 30,000 pounds and fit within most state’s dimensional restrictions to travel. That means you don’t need an RGN trailer to ship your machine, a step-deck trailer should do.
The smallest backhoes might fit on a hotshot trailer or a utility trailer. Typical trailers that are used to transport backhoes include:
- Step Deck Trailer. Even the largest backhoes should fit aboard a step-deck trailer. Avoid using a more expensive RGN trailer to haul your backhoe.
- Flatbed Trailer. Smaller backhoes might fit aboard a flatbed trailer. Flatbeds are slightly less expensive than step decks, as well as more readily available.
Backhoe transport is pretty standard. As long as you provide us with the correct dimensions for your backhoe, we can ship it successfully. You don’t want to buy more trailer than you need, but you also don’t want to sell yourself short. Speak with one of our education agents to help decide which type of trailer is right for your project.
Tips for Successfully Shipping Your Backhoe Loader
Loader backhoes are one of the most-frequently shipped pieces of construction equipment in the country. They’re easy to load and unload, and they fit nicely on most trailers. As long as you choose the correct trailer to fit your machine, your backhoe shipment should go smoothly.
Like most pieces of heavy machinery, backhoes have four tie-down points – two in the front and two in the rear. Other tips for successfully shipping your backhoe include:
- Lower the bucket and chain it down. Once your backhoe has been loaded aboard the trailer, lower the bucket to the floor and secure it with chains.
- Tuck in the digger and chain it down. The rear attachment should be pulled in tight to the body of the machine. Then chain down the rear attachment.
The goal is for your backhoe to create the lowest possible profile for transport. With six tie-down points, your backhoe isn’t going anywhere until it’s released.
Backhoe Loader Manufacturers
United Heavy Haul is your professional choice for shipping backhoes anywhere in the country. We haul backhoes every day. Among the major backhoe manufacturers whose machines we’ve transported are:
- Ditch Witch
- John Deere
- New Holland